The study evaluated the experience of 5,813 consecutive female patients receiving Motiva Implants for breast augmentation, from 2013 to 2016.
Clinical highlights of the clinical study included:
- Total reoperation occurred at a rate of 0.76% (95% confidence interval)
- No serious adverse events or cases of implant rupture or device failure were observed
- No incidences of capsular contracture in primary cases, late seroma, asymmetry, persistent swelling, breast pain or rippling
- Low rates of early complications with no late complications reported
- Motiva SilkSurface® resulted in lower complication rates compared to Motiva VelvetSurface® implants