Establishment Labs, the manufacturer of Motiva Implants today announced the launch of the Motiva Safety Campaign featuring Motiva Implants® with Q Inside Safety Technology™. The campaign will focus on tools that empower women to be in charge of their health through advanced technology and enhanced warranty options.
“Our mission is to make breast aesthetics safer and better for women worldwide by delivering a world class technology platform that promotes women’s health and lifestyle choices,” said Juan José Chacón-Quirós, CEO of Establishment Labs. “We are constantly evaluating and expanding our program to allow women to be in control of their health by leveraging the most advanced tools and warranty options available in breast aesthetics.”
The cornerstone of the safety campaign is the Q Inside Safety Technology™, a biosensor that is accessed via a proprietary handheld reader when waved over the breast area. This easy method allows doctors to non-invasively retrieve specific information on each implant, even years from now when patients may have misplaced their paperwork.
Highlights of the technology are:
- World’s first FDA-cleared and CE-approved biosensor solution that allows plastic surgeons to connect patients through both the MotivaImagine™ App and the Motiva website (MotivaImplants.com)
- Q Inside Safety Technology™ is an electronic passport containing all relevant information about implants
- Increased peace of mind in the unlikely event of a safety issue or device recall
- Helps ensure patient safety and well-being
- Non-invasive verification of its unique electronic serial number within the body
- 15-digit serial number delivered to the reader corresponds with a secure, online database that can be accessed only via the Internet by authorized persons
Another unique benefit for patients is the ability to register their implants via an App, MotivaImagine™. The App will:
- Store their serial number to ensure it is always available
- Offer the opportunity for an extended warranty which not only covers the replacement cost of the implants, but also offers financial assistance applicable to revision surgery costs
- Provide reminders concerning breast health
Dr. Marcos Sforza, Plastic Surgeon states, “Our patient’s safety is our top priority. In the United Kingdom, thousands of women suffered the stress of not knowing the information of their implants when a French manufacturer had a troubling market recall. Therefore, we now only offer Motiva Implants® with Q Inside Safety Technology™ as it provides our patients control and verification of their implant for their safety and well-being.”.
“Motiva’s Q Inside Safety Technology™ offers patients a safety benefit, unlike any other breast implant in the world. I look forward to the time when we will be able to utilize the Motiva Implants in the United States,” said Scott Spear, MD, Plastic Surgeon, Washington DC.
It is this kind of focus on the well being of women who choose to have breast augmentation that makes us at Belle very proud to represent Motiva in the UK.